Awnings and canopies enhance the beauty of your building and provide shade and protection from the weather. In fact, your awning is usually the first thing people see when approaching your home or business. When your awning is dirty, its life is shortened and is a blight on your building. Regular cleaning of your awning will extend its life and keep it looking beautiful for years.
Our technicians are trained to match the washing technique to the fabric and material being cleaned. Not damaging your awning and canopy is our number one priority. The following are the types of awning and canopies we clean:
- Canvas: canvas awnings don’t repel water as easily as other materials. They dry slowly which leads to moss and algae growth. This leads to rot if not consistently cleaned. We can apply a protective coating which is recommended.
- Vinyl: laminated or coated vinyl is very resistant to mold and UV rays. Caution must be used when washing vinyl to prevent removing any vinyl. A soft washing method is used. Detergents with alcohol should not be used
- Fiberglass: over time fiberglass awnings tend to become brittle making them vulnerable to chipping and cracking.
- Metal, Stainless Steel, Aluminum: these offer the most durability for an awning or canopy. When cleaning painted metal, a mild cleaning product is used to avoid paint damage.
Awning Cleaning Steps
- Brush off and remove loose dirt and dust
- Apply the correct cleaning detergent based on the material being cleaned
- Clean from the bottom to the top. Using a soft bristle brush scrub off dirt, mold, mildew, bird droppings, and dust
- Thoroughly rinse using hot water
- Brush and rinse underside with hot water
- Rinse and clean the ground below the awning with a hot water power washer
Our employees are the best in the business. We pay our awning cleaning technicians a minimum of $20 per hour. Our employees receive health and dental insurance, PTO (paid time off), and a company-matching Simple plan. Our people are dedicated and committed to your satisfaction which leads to their future success and the future success of RTD Power Washing.